Monday, October 22, 2012

Notable Individual Reflection

Pieter Bruegel
     Pieter Bruegel was an interesting artist to study and i am glad i chose him. Most people just went for Leonardo Da Vinci or any other common names but when i saw Pieter Bruegel at the bottom of the list, i thought who's that? And so i picked up a book about him in the library and i liked his works. Pieter Bruegel is a unique artist. One thing i really admire about him was of how he never got the recognition he gets today. Even if he wasn't recognized his whole life as a great artist, he kept on working and pursuing art. For me, I thought that was one of the things that gave me so much respect for him.
     For his art, there was something special about it. Pieter Bruegel did not have the best life and that was something i liked as it showed onto his art. His art portrayed deep, meaningful topics. This was actually his strength, because if he were to have the best life his art would probably not have as much meaning put into them. One of the things i remember most about Bruegel were his grisailles. His grisaille's had so much meaning in them and it was fun to figure out what everything meant in the grisaille. Rather than just using elements of art, grisailles had dark toned colors so everything revolved around the symbols of the drawing. I also remember that I read about how Bruegel would draw sketches of peasants. I thought this was important because most people at his time would have probably not liked this. Bruegel had very personal works of art as i remember he kept one of his grisailles until he died.  Another thing that intrigued me about him was that there was little information known about him. This brings me back to my last point as I mentioned how he was barely recognized at the time. Because little was known about him, it makes me more interested as to what he could have gone though and gives off a mysterious kind of vibe. I like to explore so I'm really glad i chose Pieter Bruegel for my notable individual.

No comments:

Post a Comment